Philips Prestigo SRU6008/27 Universal 8 in 1 Remote Control
Product DescriptionOperate up to 8 different devices using up to 8 separate activities; extensive IR code database for most devices & brands; featuring PHILIPS configo software for intuitive setup & pc or MAC; includes USB cable for syncing; convenient IR learning from another remote; activities to control multiple devices with 1 button press; big illuminated buttons & an easy-to-read 1.5" LCD display increase operability & readability; includes 3 AA batteries
- Philips Prestigo Universal Remote Control up to 8 Devices in 1 via the LCD Screen SRU6008/27
- Easy access to specific functions via the 1.5-Inch LCD screen
- Easy computer setup in a few simple steps on Windows or Mac Software update via internet
- Control any device of almost any brand Backlit buttons to control your devices in the dark
- On-Screen Display languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Finnish, Greek, Norwegian, Swedish
- Less frequently used buttons are available via the display, so you can add or remove buttons
Average Customer Review
(34 customer reviews)
Good in many ways, April 17, 2011
Pythagoras (St. Louis)
- User manual not available on line. If you try to download the software to check it out beforehand it won't do anything without the remote being plugged in.
- Silver surround on the face is kind of cheesy looking and has a sharp edge.
- Photos of the remote are deceiving; the face plate is quite glossy which is really stupid.
Nice unit, a bear to program, February 2, 2011
D. Riley (Sylvania OH)
Phillips SRU6008/27 Review, October 28, 2011
-It has the ability to create "activities" (macros) - turning on several devices at once, changing to the right input on the TV, etc
-You can rename activities (I can call an activity "Watch Apple TV" as opposed to my wife or the babysitter having to remember "Watch a Movie" = watching the Apple TV)
-Non-proprietary USB cord
-Software is Mac compatible
-Very small database of existing product codes
-Adding many devices requires pairing with the remote as opposed to the software knowing what product you added
-Lack of products means it may not understand or do all features (I don't think the Prestigo can't automatically turn of the Apple TV because it uses a command sequence, but I haven't explored the software enough. Since the Harmony had Apple TV in its database, it could automatically).
For my purposes, the ability to rename activities to whatever you want is pretty big. I tried a Logitech Harmony.